Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Zul'Aman

So I like Kara’s design, it’s pretty, it’s interesting, and it’s easy. Terribly, terribly easy. With the exception of Netherspite (get in the damned beams!), Nightbane (why do the skellies always kill the squishies?), and MAYBE Curator (if your gear is lacking and such) than there shouldn’t be that many problems. I’m not saying it’s a walk in the park, but its nowhere near the next 10man.

Zul’Aman. It’s not pretty, it’s still interesting, and it’s much harder. I’m not saying it’s necessarily hard, but the difference between it and Kara is astounding.

I ran ZA for the first time last night. Whoa. That was fun. I’ve not been in a really challenging instance since the last time I had a bad tank in a heroic. And we had two good tanks. It was cool; I actually had to pay attention.

All right, maybe I’m exaggerating about not paying attention, I mean, I have to make up for the other healers not being overly geared. Which is another thing I loved, I was, by far, the worst geared healer, and I was still pumping out good heals per second. I was at roughly 600HPS for most of the instance. The other paladin was around 650-700. The priest started low (500) but after the bear started to shoot up and ended at around 725HPS.

And I picked up a new chest piece (woot for a PvE epic chest, with mad MP5) but more importantly, woot for playing with a group at or above me in gear. I loved it. I want that. That was fun and that was engaging.

What is the reason for today’s post? Well, besides that I need to post something (I’ve been gone for too long! My 4 readers might start to miss me! :)) I wanted to note how matching your gear to what you’re doing and who you’re joining is only going to make you enjoy your time in game more.

If you’re in a guild, and you’ve got the same gear level as them, don’t leave! Work with your guild, which I hope you enjoy, making all of you better, and you’ll have lots of fun doing it. Trust me. Otherwise, you’re probably a greedy raider, so leave, and let all the decent people get their gear :). BUT if you’re looking for a guild, and you’ve left another guild for any reason, and you have pretty good gear, go with your gear level. You’ll make friends wherever you go. Unless you met some amazing player who’s all mighty and powerful and makes you so happy to be graced by their presence, even though their gear sucks, you want to be matched by your gear. It will help you get a bit more enjoyment out of the game.

I really liked going to Kara with my guild. I loved ZA with my friend’s guild.

It’s just that simple if you’re looking for a guild :)

No comments: