Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Technology FTW!

I'm a tech aide at my school, and I fix technology stuff.  Which means I have access to computers.  Slow days = blog days, and after reading quite a few articles across 4-5 blogs, I've decided I really need to get a hobby.

And so, I go and blog that I need to get a hobby, which is all inspired by being addicted to blogs.  Isn't life wonderful :)

Anyways, I actually have WoW musings for today.  Want to write this down somewhere to straighten my own thoughts, so all (2) of you get to deal with my thinking.  Or read something else.  Or go play WoW.  Whatever works.

My level 61 warrior is Arms.  He started as fury at 10, and respecced to arms for the first time at 30 when I got my whirlwind hammer.  I had fun with that for 9 levels, but I had
the SM and RFD swords in my bank, my hammer was getting old, and the only 
decent replacement for it was in Ulda.

I hate Ulda.

So I went back fury, and stayed that way until level 59.  At 59, I went BACK to arms because I wanted to PvP and get the AV wolf.  I had a nice sword sitting in my bags (AH ftw), another GREAT one coming (what I currently use), and I PvP'd it up for a few games, got my 2h sword skill up while doing it, got my lifetime kills over 1337, got revered with the frostwolf clan, and just had fun.

I had gotten all the way to 59 as a DPS class.  I tried to tank maybe twice before.  The instance runs I did were mostly runs by myself using my girlfriend's hunter and my warrior on autofollow.  I hate PUGs, why would I deal with one unless I had to?

But then I hit outlands.  I had virtually no experience as a warrior tank (did it on my paladin, but thats a whole different ball game).  All I knew was I was supposed to spam Sunder, shield bash(or whatever its called.  The spell interupt with your shield.) occasionally, thunder clap if there were lots of mobs, and taunt if something was hitting on someone squishier than me.  And I could no longer run myself through, cause I'm pretty sure it'd start to get tough on one 70 to run someone through that.

So I tanked, but I did not tank.  I actually ended up being a decent tank, and I enjoyed my first run.  A lot.  It was even a PUG =O.  Plus I learned about this weird skill I have "shield block" or something ;)  And disarm.  And how shield bash is a good way to get a bit extra aggro after a taunt.  I learned plenty good things, and I got motivated to try this tanking thing some more.

So I did it again last night.   Now, maybe I got my hopes up from the first group.  It was a very good PUG.  But last night.  Oh. my. goshles.  I HATED THE GROUP.  The rogue pissed me off, and the mage was worse.  The mage was so bad I tried to kill him.  Tried and tried and tried. The warlock never talked, but was doing decent damage, no complaints really.

The Priest.

The Priest was amazing.  And maybe if she wasn't, I'd have a different post for today.  But she was, and she made me decide to change Gisli's plans.  Or maybe just alter.  Or SOMETHING.

The thing is, I had fun with the bad group.  I got a LOT of enjoyment out of trying to kill the mage(and failing! >:().  I had fun spamming sunder armor, shield bash, 
watching as the group would have wiped if I hadn't gotten that TClap 
off in the right place at the right time.  (we managed to pull a bit too many a few times, and the mage would NEVER resheep. even when asked)

So even with a bad group, I had amazing fun.  Tanking.  
I don't like tanking THAT much on my paladin.  Its fun, for something 
to do SOMETIMES.  But I definately don't prefer it over healing.

But oh how much fun I had tanking on my warrior.  He's SUPPOSED to be my PvP/farming toon, but I think I'm going to have to push my rogue and hunter up faster.  Especially cause that means I'll have two class/spec combinations that SUCK at farming/making money.

Maybe that should be my next post....

Anyways, I know I'm getting my epic flyer asap on my warrior.  I've flown on my regular one with crusader on since getting my paladin his flyer, but god its slow, frustratingly so.  So maybe I'll do some farming and pvping till I have someone to replace him.  But my warrior is going to help alleviate my servers tanking problem, that I can already tell.

No comments: